Monday, July 23, 2007

Wily Mo to White Sox?

The Red Sox have had talks with the White Sox about a deal that would send fourth outfielder Wily Mo Pena to Chicago. But before they do it, Boston would like to acquire Pena's replacement. Bobby Kielty of Oakland has been mentioned as a possibility.

RealGM

Wily Mo is definitely a good hitter, but he really doesn't fit in with the Red Sox. He belongs at DH but they stick him in the outfield even though he really has no skills out there and he knows that. I'm not sure how this Bobby Kielty will help us though to be honest, but I really don't mind because I don't think he's the player we need. We need another big bat in the lineup. But I think Chicago would be a great fit for Wily Mo. I'd prefer to look for a deal that would package Wily Mo & Lugo though for a nice shortstop.

No comments: